Okuma Makaira MK-8II 4bb Saltwater Reel
Okuma Makaira lever drag reels are perfect for big game fisheries for billfish, large tuna and sharks. With advanced, unique and numerous patents, Makaira provides uncompromised excellence within every aspect of its design, construction and performance.
- Makaira reels all feature two-speed gearing systems
- Gold anodized two-speed gear shifter housing
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines
- Carbonite Dual Force drag system featuring Cal’s universal drag grease
- Custom designed thrust bearing: Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings
- 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel ball bearings
- MK-80WII features 6-pcs of Sapporo ball bearings
- Double-dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system
- Ratcheting drag lever and pre-set knob for precise drag setting
- Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models
- Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system
- Heavy duty, 17-4 grade stainless steel drive and spool shafts
- Type-II gold anodized frame, sideplates, spool, drag lever and handle
- Open top frame design on MK-8II,10II, 15II,16II, 20II, and 50II
- Lug and plug system on all open top reel models
- Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics
- Forged aluminum full hard anodized reel foot and reel clamp
- Machine-etched marlin logo on left side plate
- Precision placement of drain holes maximizes water removal from reel
- Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup
Dual Force Drag
Maximize high-end drag pressure, efficiency and overall smoothness.
Corrosion Resistant Coating
Offer exceptional anti-corrosive properties compared to standard gears, with a coating of corrosion X HD to all internal and external parts.
Multi-disc Carbonite Drag Washers
For a much wider and smoother drag range, maximum efficiency
Allow the anglers the option of a high-speed gear ratio or a powerful low-speed gear ratio for maximum power and torque.
Machined Rigid Frame Construction
A one-piece fully-machined aluminum frame, the ultimate in precision alignment and tolerances.
|MODEL||GEAR RATIOS||BEARINGS||WEIGHT (G)||LINE RETRIEVE(CM)||MONOFILAMENT LINE CAPACITY (DIAMETER IN MM.)||MAX DRAG @ STRIKE WITH FREESPOOL||MAX DRAG @ FULL WITH FREESPOOL||FRAME STYLE||FRAME||SIDEPLATES||SPOOL|
|Two-Speed Lever Drag Reels|
|MK-8II||4.7:1 & 2.1:1||4BB + 1TB||685||85.1 & 38.1||0.37/320, 0.42/260, 0.48/195||12.3 kg||15.4 kg||Topless||AL||AL||AL|